THE LION AND THE MOUSE


One day, a big, strong lion was sleep. Suddenly, a little mouse ran right over his back. The lion woke up with a roar and grabbed the mouse! He was so angry that he was ready to bite the mouse in half!

"O, please, please don't bite me," said the little mouse. "I'm sorry I woke you. Please let me go." The lion said,"Why should Ilet you go?"

The mouse replied,"If you do, someday, when you need help, I will help you."

The lion was very long and strong. He thought the ides that the little mouse could help him was so funny that he laughed out loud.

The mouse said,"You laugh but I am strong, too. Someday, I may show you."

The lion did not belive it, but the laughing stopped his angry feelings, so he let the mouse go. Sometime later, some hunters caught the lion in a trap. The trap was made of strong ropes. The lion was very strong, but he could not break the strong ropes. He began to feel afraid. He was so  afraid that he could not act. He started to cry.

Just then, the little mouse came to him. The mouse was not afraid. He jumped up on the lion's back and began to bite the ropes. He could hear the hunters coming, but he bit and bit until the rope broke. Suddenly, the lion was free.

0 comments: